With so many possible places available to build a new home, it can be tricky to pinpoint exactly what it is about a suburb that makes it right for you. There are a number of elements that you should consider to ensure that you find the perfect place to live!
Firstly, what are your priorities? Being close to the beach? A big local supermarket? A park to walk your dog? Great schools that are close by? Take some time to write a list of the things that are important to you in your everyday life and then choose the type of suburb that fits your lifestyle.
There are four main types of suburbs in Australia and most homes will fit into one of these categories. All you need to do is figure out which lifestyle suits you best and you’re on your way to finding the perfect suburb.
If you want a glittering night life, modern amenities at your door and to be in the hub of everything that’s happening in your city, then choosing a suburb that’s close to the CBD is good move. Theatre, live music, great restaurants and nightly entertainment right at your front door, that’s typical of the Inner City suburb.
- Do you go out for dinner four or five nights a week?
- Do you not own a car?
- Do you work the in CBD of your city?
- Do you value having your work, home and gym within walking distance of each other?
If you answered yes to most of the questions then Inner City suburb living is for you.
If you love the energy and night life of the inner city but also like the serenity of the suburbs, then the Trendy Urban suburb may be just the place for you! Trendy Urban suburbs are still close enough to the city to catch all the action of the bright lights but are slightly more affordable and family friendly. Trendy Urban suburbs tend to have weekend produce markets, little strips of funky restaurants and great local schools. Trendy Urban suburbs are the perfect place for young families to make the transition from childless living to family fun.
- Are you on a budget but still want to live close to the city?
- Do you need a local park for your kids to play?
- Do you love the hustle bustle of the city but want to live somewhere a little more relaxed?
- Do you need a backyard?
- Do you crave the convenience of city living but also love a quiet stroll around suburban streets?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above you’re a Trendy Urban suburb dweller.
The Family Friendly suburb is ideal for bigger families, possibly with kids in high school, who need lots of space. Building a brand new home in a Family Friendly suburb is usually quite affordable and you’ll create a place where you can really spread your wings.
Family Friendly suburbs are generally close to large shopping hubs and supermarkets. They also have good transport options for kids traveling to and from school or sport practice. The Family Friendly suburb is a quieter, larger and less city centric option than the Trendy Urban suburb.
- Do you have kids and/or pets?
- Does your family have more than one car and therefore the need for space to park them?
- Do you need a big outdoor area?
- Do you enjoy entertaining large groups of people?
- s a convenient local supermarket more important to you than the hottest new nightclub?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, a Family Friendly suburb is the place for you.
The Outer Rural area is ideal for people who love nature, fresh air, peace and quiet and beautiful views. Whether it’s near bush, sea or country side, the Outer Rural area is where you want to be if you’re leaning into to a slower, quieter life away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Do you enjoy the peace and quiet?
- Do you work from home or in a rural area?
- Do you enjoy being outdoors?
- If you answered yes to most of the questions above, the Outer Rural life could be beckoning to you.
What type of area suits you best?